Scottish, tree-hugging, drunk rocker...
Ryan said...
Well, we are here....LONDON!
We both slept on the plane, but I am afraid I may be suffering from the almighty jet lag. I have tried to be more energetic whilst here, but I am a boring traveller. The plane was cool, because you get to see all the diverse array of people that would be flying from Charlotte to London. During the flight there was this angry middle aged guy that wanted an aisle seat......loser. He should have purchased one. I tried to sleep but the pasta I had on the plane made my mouth dry and b/c of the rude guy was so burdensome to the flight attendents that I didn't want to bother them any more... So I tried and failed to sleep with dry mouth. But later I got a glass and fell asleep. hooray. Ok blablabla...we arrived in London and took the Gatwick express to Victoria station in central London. This is great... We met our first "local" today. It was great. At first he just sat there drinking his beer and smiling at us as if he was in love with us or something... But then he wold say stuff like "Look at all this green, it is just lovely, you know what I am saying...the colors...so rich" ...."It is like I'm on an acid trip, right?" Well, he kept talking about all the places he had been....yet he says he can't remember where it is he had been. He talked to some Canadian women across the aisle...but they seemed very annoyed by him...I think my American attitude and half case of jet-lag caused me to be the same way... He gave a toast to just about everyone and sang some British alternative stuff. He really acted as if I was his pal...b/c he kept saying stuff like "you know what I'm talking about...." and giving me high fives and handshakes and stuff... Imagine half and hour of this...haha...ugh. Personally, I was sort of paranoid, because media and family and books, and magazines told me that Europe is a predator that feeds on bufuddled American tourists...I need to relax if I am going to have fun... I think Sarah is tired too because both of us were strangely silent most of the trip. It smells funny here too. But I will get used to this strange land away from familiar stuff down soon... YAY! I better get used to it before I go to Prague that is for sure...(no one speaks English there). I think we are going to check out the "Tims" (Thames) later today...we gotta get this blog crap out of the way first...
Sarah said...
Well, once we got off that plane we turned on the all important Travis CD to create British ambience. As the train was leaving the music began... Aww! It's great to be here. So, we got to Victoria Station and stepped outside before going into the Tube...just to see...a street. Woohoo! Ryan said, "well I haven't seen a double decker yet"... Whatever. So, we took 30 more minutes of train rides to arrive at our hostle in Zone 2. Basically, that means we are in the "suburbs" around Central/Touristy London. I personally like it because we get to see "the real life" of Londoners. We checked out our room and the rest of the hostel and we're about to head out again. (Ryan is sitting next to me still complaining about his dirty pants...I told him they need to look like they are worn). Ok...Bye.
Post!
Well, we are here....LONDON!
We both slept on the plane, but I am afraid I may be suffering from the almighty jet lag. I have tried to be more energetic whilst here, but I am a boring traveller. The plane was cool, because you get to see all the diverse array of people that would be flying from Charlotte to London. During the flight there was this angry middle aged guy that wanted an aisle seat......loser. He should have purchased one. I tried to sleep but the pasta I had on the plane made my mouth dry and b/c of the rude guy was so burdensome to the flight attendents that I didn't want to bother them any more... So I tried and failed to sleep with dry mouth. But later I got a glass and fell asleep. hooray. Ok blablabla...we arrived in London and took the Gatwick express to Victoria station in central London. This is great... We met our first "local" today. It was great. At first he just sat there drinking his beer and smiling at us as if he was in love with us or something... But then he wold say stuff like "Look at all this green, it is just lovely, you know what I am saying...the colors...so rich" ...."It is like I'm on an acid trip, right?" Well, he kept talking about all the places he had been....yet he says he can't remember where it is he had been. He talked to some Canadian women across the aisle...but they seemed very annoyed by him...I think my American attitude and half case of jet-lag caused me to be the same way... He gave a toast to just about everyone and sang some British alternative stuff. He really acted as if I was his pal...b/c he kept saying stuff like "you know what I'm talking about...." and giving me high fives and handshakes and stuff... Imagine half and hour of this...haha...ugh. Personally, I was sort of paranoid, because media and family and books, and magazines told me that Europe is a predator that feeds on bufuddled American tourists...I need to relax if I am going to have fun... I think Sarah is tired too because both of us were strangely silent most of the trip. It smells funny here too. But I will get used to this strange land away from familiar stuff down soon... YAY! I better get used to it before I go to Prague that is for sure...(no one speaks English there). I think we are going to check out the "Tims" (Thames) later today...we gotta get this blog crap out of the way first...
Sarah said...
Well, once we got off that plane we turned on the all important Travis CD to create British ambience. As the train was leaving the music began... Aww! It's great to be here. So, we got to Victoria Station and stepped outside before going into the Tube...just to see...a street. Woohoo! Ryan said, "well I haven't seen a double decker yet"... Whatever. So, we took 30 more minutes of train rides to arrive at our hostle in Zone 2. Basically, that means we are in the "suburbs" around Central/Touristy London. I personally like it because we get to see "the real life" of Londoners. We checked out our room and the rest of the hostel and we're about to head out again. (Ryan is sitting next to me still complaining about his dirty pants...I told him they need to look like they are worn). Ok...Bye.
Post!

2 Comments:
Hey! Sounds like you are having a good time so far! Ryan, if you talk about people on acid mom is going to get worried. I am so jealous that ya'll are in London. I miss it! You need to go to the Tate Modern and the Globe. See if you can catch a ferry to Greenwich. The Tower of London is a must see too! Crown Jewels and real beefeaters! I'm sorry Sarah, you probably already know this stuff. I wish I was there! Well I guess I will see you in France!!
AWESOMENESS. Hope you guys have a blast.
Post a Comment
<< Home