Ryan said...
Hello everyone!!! The comments are great! It is really cool to hear from familiars. I really like staying with the Lichts. They are an awesome family. It makes it seem that we as humans are more similar than we like. I came here expecting a culture shock...but we aren't that different. Kenna, you would be very, very jealous because they have a bunch of kids that speak German...we play with them all the time. They sound like little geniuses because after conversing with eachother in German they turn to us and say (in perfect english) "Would you like to join us?" It is awesome. We pretty babysit for them. I like it because it is like a vacation from our vacation. After speading every moment searching for a train station, bus stop, or landmark checklist and map in hand.....it is quite a relief to do normal things like sit down and watch a movie with a family. I am glad we are having this little break...I also think I have learned more about the German culture from having a dicussion over coffee with Ulrike and Christophe (the parents) than I could from visiting every cathedral in Köln. This city is very cool. We did all the touristy things in the city we could do...but my favorite part is just hangin´ with the Lichts.
To satify my hungry audience reading this post today I will give a recap of the things we did...
Visited St. Martin's Church....visited St. Rita's Church....visited "The Cathedral" at Köln (which houses the remains of the Three Magi!!!!) ..... and we took an hour river cruise along the Rhine.....lovely, quite lovely indeed... we ate Turkish food too....yum.
Other than that we went to the dentist, watched swimming lessons and movies and played Legos the rest of the time.
Well, that is all for now folks...tommorrow we are off to Berlin and then to Prague... (I will follow your advice Mama Jo.) Congratulations to Lindsey on making her one at State! Sorry, Megan. I hope you find a better job. (insert: comment about Kenna's site, I haven't gone to it yet.) Hello, to everyone out there whose comments I cannot particularly remember and goodbye.
Sarah will say something later...
Hello everyone!!! The comments are great! It is really cool to hear from familiars. I really like staying with the Lichts. They are an awesome family. It makes it seem that we as humans are more similar than we like. I came here expecting a culture shock...but we aren't that different. Kenna, you would be very, very jealous because they have a bunch of kids that speak German...we play with them all the time. They sound like little geniuses because after conversing with eachother in German they turn to us and say (in perfect english) "Would you like to join us?" It is awesome. We pretty babysit for them. I like it because it is like a vacation from our vacation. After speading every moment searching for a train station, bus stop, or landmark checklist and map in hand.....it is quite a relief to do normal things like sit down and watch a movie with a family. I am glad we are having this little break...I also think I have learned more about the German culture from having a dicussion over coffee with Ulrike and Christophe (the parents) than I could from visiting every cathedral in Köln. This city is very cool. We did all the touristy things in the city we could do...but my favorite part is just hangin´ with the Lichts.
To satify my hungry audience reading this post today I will give a recap of the things we did...
Visited St. Martin's Church....visited St. Rita's Church....visited "The Cathedral" at Köln (which houses the remains of the Three Magi!!!!) ..... and we took an hour river cruise along the Rhine.....lovely, quite lovely indeed... we ate Turkish food too....yum.
Other than that we went to the dentist, watched swimming lessons and movies and played Legos the rest of the time.
Well, that is all for now folks...tommorrow we are off to Berlin and then to Prague... (I will follow your advice Mama Jo.) Congratulations to Lindsey on making her one at State! Sorry, Megan. I hope you find a better job. (insert: comment about Kenna's site, I haven't gone to it yet.) Hello, to everyone out there whose comments I cannot particularly remember and goodbye.
Sarah will say something later...

2 Comments:
Hey Ryan, I have been to the cathedral in Koln. Did you climb all the steps? Aunt Judy did not send German or Belgium chocolate. (Hint) Glad you are having a good time. You guys stay safe. I luv yu.
Hey, Ryan! I hope you're having a great time...here's Kim...
ryan! what's up! i haven't seen you like in forever! give me a ring-a-ding-ding when you get back in the states. <-- haha, that's pretty cool, (being out of state and all). okay i'm lame. sorry. cheerio!
Post a Comment
<< Home