Smokey car...ugh
Sarah said...
We left Köln today and arrived in Berlin! I love this city. I didn't expect to love it as much as I do! There is soo much history here. I think I think it's more interesting history because it's more recent or something. The stories of London and Paris are kinda run down I guess...not that they arn't interesting as well. We walked along the only remaining piece of the Berlin Wall (it's about a mile) and I took a bunch of pictures of all the "inspired" art. I think I'll blow them up like 5 x 8 and put them on my wall. I bought post cards of Berlin before the wall fell. That is really neat to look at and then see the place how it is now! Whatever....I could go on forever.
Our hostel that unfortunately we are only going to stay in one night is SOO nice! It's exactly how I imagine hostels when I think of them! Very cool guy that runs it as well! When I come back I'm staying here definitely!
(Sorry I didn't post about Köln...)
Ryan said...
Well, Köln is over. It was a great vacation from a vacation. I am very happy to have had it. Ulrike (the mom) dropped of the kids at school and then took Sarah and I to the Main Train Station, where we said our goodbyes. She gave us some plum sauce and nugget sauce...yumm...really this stuff is amazing...I eat it with everything. In return we gave her some of our Tide....we weren't going to wash anything anyway.
Well, as luck would have it...we rode in a smoking car on the train to Berlin. I think I have not been more uncomfortable in my life. Well, not my entire life, but this was pretty awful. There were really loud people that smoked extremely potent cigars that had a wierd fruity smell that penetrated my clothes. They were also loud. Luckily, I slept most of the way. But hey, they were having fun, right... I cannot blame them for that....SMOKING KILLS!!! ahem...
AT Berlin we wondered around the stationlooking for the W.C. and the underground. We found them both and arrived at our awesome hostel. Very awesome. It is very clean and the manager isvery helpful and friendly. I wish we were staying in Berlin longer... We visted the remains of Berlin Wall, the Brandenburg Gate and the German capital building "R-something or other"
Tm is Prague... I hope the city is as impressive as I made it out to be in my mind.
Guten nacht!
We left Köln today and arrived in Berlin! I love this city. I didn't expect to love it as much as I do! There is soo much history here. I think I think it's more interesting history because it's more recent or something. The stories of London and Paris are kinda run down I guess...not that they arn't interesting as well. We walked along the only remaining piece of the Berlin Wall (it's about a mile) and I took a bunch of pictures of all the "inspired" art. I think I'll blow them up like 5 x 8 and put them on my wall. I bought post cards of Berlin before the wall fell. That is really neat to look at and then see the place how it is now! Whatever....I could go on forever.
Our hostel that unfortunately we are only going to stay in one night is SOO nice! It's exactly how I imagine hostels when I think of them! Very cool guy that runs it as well! When I come back I'm staying here definitely!
(Sorry I didn't post about Köln...)
Ryan said...
Well, Köln is over. It was a great vacation from a vacation. I am very happy to have had it. Ulrike (the mom) dropped of the kids at school and then took Sarah and I to the Main Train Station, where we said our goodbyes. She gave us some plum sauce and nugget sauce...yumm...really this stuff is amazing...I eat it with everything. In return we gave her some of our Tide....we weren't going to wash anything anyway.
Well, as luck would have it...we rode in a smoking car on the train to Berlin. I think I have not been more uncomfortable in my life. Well, not my entire life, but this was pretty awful. There were really loud people that smoked extremely potent cigars that had a wierd fruity smell that penetrated my clothes. They were also loud. Luckily, I slept most of the way. But hey, they were having fun, right... I cannot blame them for that....SMOKING KILLS!!! ahem...
AT Berlin we wondered around the stationlooking for the W.C. and the underground. We found them both and arrived at our awesome hostel. Very awesome. It is very clean and the manager isvery helpful and friendly. I wish we were staying in Berlin longer... We visted the remains of Berlin Wall, the Brandenburg Gate and the German capital building "R-something or other"
Tm is Prague... I hope the city is as impressive as I made it out to be in my mind.
Guten nacht!

2 Comments:
I'm glad you found a place to stay in Berlin. Sometimes the best things in life are the ones least expected and unplanned. I'm glad you are still having a great time. The musical is coming along slowly but surely. Did I tell you that Blake Billingslea is our interim youth director.
Have fun in Prague.
Love, Ryan's mom
Probably not the best thing to say---but wish I were there.
Post a Comment
<< Home