Singing Swedes and Smelly Spainards
Sarah said...
Ok so we got to Prague. I like it here! There is a lot of history and art everywhere but I don't know enough about the city to know where to start. We bought artwork from this guys studio! (really cool) Um...the traditional Czech food is very "hearty" and I think if I ate it all the time I would have a heart attack. (It's a lot like Irish food to me...) Um...I didn't get as many cool pics as I wanted (like I was going to do a b&w roll but I didn't...this morning I had some "issues" so I didn't go out till later...) Ryan did all the cool stuff without me today. I now have to come back to Prague in the future because I've missed some stuff. Next time I will be better prepared and more read up...:) ok later....
Ryan said...
Well, all alone today... I had fun but I was a bit lonely... I followed a small Japanese tour group through the castle. It was very cool. I later found an English one...haha This place is huge. The cathedral is beautiful. It had amazing stained glass windows. This city is so ancient and filled with stories. I researched some about Prague before coming so it was nice to see something and have full apprecitation for it. Amazing...there is so much here that I can't absorb it all. I think my favorite cities have been Paris and Prague. They are everything you would think them to be and more. I love it. I have trouble shopping for souvenirs. I need Lindsey and Kenna to confirm my choices. So far all i have gotten are posters and a few small items... man. I wish I was a better shopper. I would get more substaintial things like pottery but i have no way to take it back without damaging it...(sigh) I wish my whole faily were here. That would be awesome. There are so many things to see and do here and every time I walk into a store I say "I wish (insert name here) were here, they would love this place." Well, The Charles Bridge is nice and I got to see the place where many movies were filmed. I love Prague!!! ok bye.
Ok so we got to Prague. I like it here! There is a lot of history and art everywhere but I don't know enough about the city to know where to start. We bought artwork from this guys studio! (really cool) Um...the traditional Czech food is very "hearty" and I think if I ate it all the time I would have a heart attack. (It's a lot like Irish food to me...) Um...I didn't get as many cool pics as I wanted (like I was going to do a b&w roll but I didn't...this morning I had some "issues" so I didn't go out till later...) Ryan did all the cool stuff without me today. I now have to come back to Prague in the future because I've missed some stuff. Next time I will be better prepared and more read up...:) ok later....
Ryan said...
Well, all alone today... I had fun but I was a bit lonely... I followed a small Japanese tour group through the castle. It was very cool. I later found an English one...haha This place is huge. The cathedral is beautiful. It had amazing stained glass windows. This city is so ancient and filled with stories. I researched some about Prague before coming so it was nice to see something and have full apprecitation for it. Amazing...there is so much here that I can't absorb it all. I think my favorite cities have been Paris and Prague. They are everything you would think them to be and more. I love it. I have trouble shopping for souvenirs. I need Lindsey and Kenna to confirm my choices. So far all i have gotten are posters and a few small items... man. I wish I was a better shopper. I would get more substaintial things like pottery but i have no way to take it back without damaging it...(sigh) I wish my whole faily were here. That would be awesome. There are so many things to see and do here and every time I walk into a store I say "I wish (insert name here) were here, they would love this place." Well, The Charles Bridge is nice and I got to see the place where many movies were filmed. I love Prague!!! ok bye.

2 Comments:
I'm so glad you confirmed my opinion of Prague! I really loved the whole experience (except the ticket for non-payment of the fee for the underground) How about the tomatoes and cucumbers for breakfast? Wasn't the bread great? Were you able to take in any concerts? Note to Sarah: Hope you are feeling better. Ryan apparently needs lots of confirmation.
Papa and I are off the NT Annual Conference tomorrow. Hopefully we can check up on you guy every-so-often but if not, enjoy everything twice. Stay safe. We love you.
I'm so glad Ryan had a good time in Prague. Knowing you, Sarah, you will be back. I hope things are OK. Since the next time you read your messages, you may be in Salzburg. I felt it appropriate to write the words to a hymn that I truely came to understand when I climbed to the fortress in Salzburg 25 years ago.
"A Mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark never failing; Our helper he amid the flood of mortal ills prevailing, For still our ancient foe doth seek to work us woe; his craft and power are great, and armed with cruel hate, on earth is not his equal.
Did we in our own strength confide, our striving would be losing, were not the right man on our side, the man of God's own choosing. Dost ask who that may be? Christ Jesus, it is he; Lord Sabaoth , his name, from age to age the same, and he must win the battle.
And though this world, with devils filled, should threaten to undo us, we will not fear, for God hath willed his truth to triumph through us. The Prince of Darkness grim, we tremble not for him; his rage we can endure, for lo his doom is sure; one little word shall fell him.
That word above all earthly powers, not thanks to them, abideth; the Spirit and the gifts are ours, thru him who with us sideth. Let goods and kindred go, this mortal life also; the body they may kill; God's truth abideth still; his kingdom is forever."
Have fun on the mountain-top. Love Mama
Post a Comment
<< Home