6.06.2005

"...With gas, or without gas?"

Sarah said...

Well, we made it to Salzburg. Watched the Sound of Music last night to get us in the mood. We like Salzburg and keep talking about how it's a great city for kids or to raise kids....lol. Um...did the castle today. That was cool. Normal castle stuff but at the very top floors they have an exhibit about Austria and WWII....I found it really really cool! We walked to this park (I don't know the name but I'm sure Ryan will mention it). We walked around the store/touristy area...and also to the Dom. We went to the graveyard where that one scene at the end of the Sound of Music was filmed.... Tommarow we are going to spend a lot of money. We are going to go to ice caves, where it should be 0 degrees celsius!!! And then we are going to a Marenette (sp?). Then the day after that we are going to bike around and go to Mozarts house etc....Ok, I'm sick of hearing myself talk...

Oh, Mom I didn't hang up on you I ran out of minutes.... I'm in the process of reloading them but I can't because I can't call the number without the cell phone.....vicious cycle... I'll post when we have mins back...


Ryan said...

Hooray we arein Salzburg. This is the best place. I know I say that about all the cities but this one is really nice. I think I want to raise my kids here...or at least go on vacation here with them. The Sound of Music really romaticized it for me. I should probably do that next time I come. Watch a feel good move about each city right when I get there. The Sound of Music is such a silly musical but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. haha (I have confidence in my masculinity) Well, we went to the castle and gardens and everything. I think we are giong to send all our money going on an "Ice cave" tour and then a Marionette version of "The Magic Flute" That will certainly be interesting. Well, my feet are tired and that is all I have to say about Salzburg.m I will see you guys later...

P.S. I miss you Sassafrass.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah and Ryan- I've enjoyed catching up with your bloggings today, since we didn't have access to a computor when we were in San Fran ( daddy's quit on him). I'm glad you guys are having the opportunity to experience so many wonderful places!! When we were in Salzburg, it was so overcast and foggy and rainy that we couldn't see all the beautiful mountains - just the pics of them. It is a beautiful place, enhanced, of course, by the Sound of Music movie. We, too, took in the cemetery from the story, and the catacombs nearby. FYI, the cemetery set was recreated in Hollywood for the actual filming! Sarah, I took care of the bank business this am(Mon. 6th) - you should be ok- make it last! The transaction hadn't gone through because of the weekend, so no extra charges incured. I bought a 60 min pnone card from WalMart, but when I tried it it said that I didn"t have enough minutes to make a call to your number! I tried from our phone but figured you were out of minutes when it couldn't go through. So - keep on blogging - it's a great way to keep up with you. LOL, Mom

Mon Jun 06, 05:03:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you too. Right now I have really sinky breath and no one wants to be near me. The next door neighbor's squirrel keeps sitting on the fence and teasing me. It's a dogs life. I need someone to squirt me with the hose. Better go, I gotta itch to scratch.

Mon Jun 06, 09:14:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home