6.07.2005

Like sheep hafta de utter...

Sarah said...
Today we went to the ice cave! It was really neat...and also a LONG hike! It was really cool because every year the ice melts and reforms itself in the cave. The whole cave is like 45 km but we only saw 1 km. We had to bring laterns in because they don't have any light set up (my guess was because the lights would obviously melt the ice unnaturally)...whatever. So that was fun. It was like over 8,000 feet up and it was snowing. lol. Um...we went to see the Magic Flute (an opera by Mozart) tonight at the Marenette (again sp?). I'll let Ryan talk about that. Really good music but because it was in German we are a little confused about some spots in the plot... OK I'm done....

Ryan said...
Well, today was very interesting indeed... To start of the day we went opn an ice cave and underground glacier tour. Very cool. (literally cool as well.) we climbed 700 steps up to the deepest part of the cave which had ice sculptures 65 meters high...woah. IT was so cold in fact(25 degrees F) that I now have a slight cold. It isn't too bad though because I will get over it quick...

Also we went to a Marionetten Theater with puppets. Very interesting. We saw the Magic Flute by Mozart. Tm we will walk around Salzburg for one last time. We will probably see Mozarts home and etc. I really like Salzburg. I think if I were to live abroad I would live here. It is culturally sustainable yet small enough to feel safe walking late at night. The nature stuff around it is also a plus. Too cold though for lifetime living. I need a little warmth. Well, I don't think I will post tommorrow, as we will be traveling. I will talk to you guys in London later this week. Truße! bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home