6.12.2005

The Puffy Pekingnese and The Protesting Politician

Ryan said...

This morning I went to Buckingham Palace to watch the famous Changing of The Guards. It was quite impressive. The music was a little silly though... The juxdaposed arrangments of "Annie" and "Killing Me Softly" played by the Royal Military Band was was a little humurous. I figured the purpose of the guards has become more of a show than a functional military...(I could be wrong...the big furry hats were sort of intimidatin.) After this I walked down the mall towards Trafalgar square where I was to meet Sarah. After meeting we went to the Texas Embassy Cantina. Kenna told me about this place and said it was good. It is funny. At home you can find everything wrong with Texas. But this restaurant was a sight for sore eyes. The Tex-Mex food was great and very filling. We ate it in about 0.5 seconds. But it was well worth £13. (sort of...the equivalent is about $26.00...yuck) I didn't need to eat dinner though, so I guess that evens out. Sarah and I then planned to go to Harrods. We split up for a whiule in order for me to get a picture in the other part of the city. Unfortunately Harrods was closed. So I assumed our meeting mission was aborted and went home...bad choice. Sarah continued the mission. She came home around 7:30. I did this in Salzburg and Paris. I guess I need a new brain or something. Tommorrow is "do nothing day." We decided it would be a good idea to save money and pack all day. I will see you all in about 3 days...5 or so for my family. I love Europe but "home" has never sounded so good. BYE!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah and Ryan,

We have enjoyed following your trail. Sorry that Harrod's was not open. I guess even the British don't like working on Sundays. I think Europeans are smarter than we are about that one item. Working every day is not a good thing. I apologize for not checking in on you guys more often. During our trip to SF my laptop hard drive went into self-destruct mode and it put me out of computer action for a week. We are looking forward to seeing you both back home. -- Sarah's Dad

Sun Jun 12, 04:09:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys - we're really enjoying keeping up with your adventures this way! Looking forward to you being home though. Sarah, Gammaw and Pawpaw are coming on
Thurs. and we're driving to Houston on Fri and returning Sat. - they want to see Jason and Kim and everyone - when are you coming up here after you arrive back in Tx.? LOL, Mom

Sun Jun 12, 06:11:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I made it back to the states and there's no place like home! It sounds like London was fun. I love it there! But at the end of it all, it's good to be back in Texas! Ryan, call me when you get back. I'm going to Quinlan this weekend if you need a ride.

Mon Jun 13, 09:34:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Thanks v. much for the postcard and for blogging your trip. This has been fun. Do it again!

Uncle Butch

Tue Jun 14, 05:22:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home