Sarah had a good title earlier today..I forgot it
Ryan said...
Today was London day. I feel much better. I think the Museum had such a stuffy atmosphere it just clogged me all up. We waked outside today, so it wasn't as bad. Well, We slept in until noon and then went to the London Tower. Sarah didn't want to go in because it was too expensive...but since I was in London and had nothing else to do, I decided to give it a go. Kenna said it was cool anyway. Well, I think I got my money's worth. The medieval palace was really cool. It makes me want to live back in the 1100's...that is until I listened in on a tour that said they beheaded about every other monarch for ridiculous reasons. It was almost funny that so many were executed. The crown jewels were ridiculously amazing. Over 30,000 jewels in the whole collection. The "Royal Punch Bowl" was pretty funny. It was pure gold with diamonds and other precious stones adorning its facade. IT was also about 4 feet wide and had a five foot "Royal punch dipping spon" I was laughing. The torture chamber was also interesting. Violence is always a people pleaser. Well, I could go on...but that is not all that happened. I met up with Sarah, ho had been exploring the city around the tower. We then went across Tower Bridge and took some pictures. Around city hall, (a really cool modern building that looks like a warped sphere.) was a cool public exhibition called "Earth from th Air" It was a collection of ariel photographs taken from all over the world. Really cool sites and images. The exhibition wa sort of a campaign exhibition for sustainable development...a really cool idea I learned about in geology and urban geography...I am a strong advocate. Sarah really liked the compositions of the photos too. We both bought postcards... I suggest that anyone in London visit this. After this we went to the "London Eye"...ya know the big ferris wheel towerig above Westminster. Really great views... After this we went home... I ate pancakes...mmmmm...and now I am going to check my e-mail and go to bed...goodnight!
Sarah said...
Ryan pretty much covered the whole day. It was neat. The photography exhibition especially! I don't have much time. I just want to say that I bought this book yesterday in the British Museum called The Atlas of War and Peace (or something liek that). It is the best book I have ever read!! It's not a novel or anything but it's everything interesting related to the world and the politics of our world that I have ever cared about!! It is SO neat! I've been reading it so slowly and soaking up every word. And then when we went to this photo thing today I was about to look at the countries and know alot more about their poltics now that I've been entrenched (sp?) in this book for two days! The book is mostly pages of every country and facts and graphs about any topic you can think of...poverty, deaths, terrorism, weapons, civil wars, economy, children in wars....ton of neat stuff! I've learned alot and I've read like the first chapter! Sorry I'm talking so much about this book but it's SOOO awesome! I'm sure most of you will be seeing it shortly because I don't feel my obsession with it will wane anytime soon! Congrats! You'll be able to enjoy it with me for many many days! :) Ok, that's all. Tommarow we are going to get at The Texas Embassey for some "real" English "Tex-Mex"....a great farewell to Europe with a little taste of home!
Bye!
Today was London day. I feel much better. I think the Museum had such a stuffy atmosphere it just clogged me all up. We waked outside today, so it wasn't as bad. Well, We slept in until noon and then went to the London Tower. Sarah didn't want to go in because it was too expensive...but since I was in London and had nothing else to do, I decided to give it a go. Kenna said it was cool anyway. Well, I think I got my money's worth. The medieval palace was really cool. It makes me want to live back in the 1100's...that is until I listened in on a tour that said they beheaded about every other monarch for ridiculous reasons. It was almost funny that so many were executed. The crown jewels were ridiculously amazing. Over 30,000 jewels in the whole collection. The "Royal Punch Bowl" was pretty funny. It was pure gold with diamonds and other precious stones adorning its facade. IT was also about 4 feet wide and had a five foot "Royal punch dipping spon" I was laughing. The torture chamber was also interesting. Violence is always a people pleaser. Well, I could go on...but that is not all that happened. I met up with Sarah, ho had been exploring the city around the tower. We then went across Tower Bridge and took some pictures. Around city hall, (a really cool modern building that looks like a warped sphere.) was a cool public exhibition called "Earth from th Air" It was a collection of ariel photographs taken from all over the world. Really cool sites and images. The exhibition wa sort of a campaign exhibition for sustainable development...a really cool idea I learned about in geology and urban geography...I am a strong advocate. Sarah really liked the compositions of the photos too. We both bought postcards... I suggest that anyone in London visit this. After this we went to the "London Eye"...ya know the big ferris wheel towerig above Westminster. Really great views... After this we went home... I ate pancakes...mmmmm...and now I am going to check my e-mail and go to bed...goodnight!
Sarah said...
Ryan pretty much covered the whole day. It was neat. The photography exhibition especially! I don't have much time. I just want to say that I bought this book yesterday in the British Museum called The Atlas of War and Peace (or something liek that). It is the best book I have ever read!! It's not a novel or anything but it's everything interesting related to the world and the politics of our world that I have ever cared about!! It is SO neat! I've been reading it so slowly and soaking up every word. And then when we went to this photo thing today I was about to look at the countries and know alot more about their poltics now that I've been entrenched (sp?) in this book for two days! The book is mostly pages of every country and facts and graphs about any topic you can think of...poverty, deaths, terrorism, weapons, civil wars, economy, children in wars....ton of neat stuff! I've learned alot and I've read like the first chapter! Sorry I'm talking so much about this book but it's SOOO awesome! I'm sure most of you will be seeing it shortly because I don't feel my obsession with it will wane anytime soon! Congrats! You'll be able to enjoy it with me for many many days! :) Ok, that's all. Tommarow we are going to get at The Texas Embassey for some "real" English "Tex-Mex"....a great farewell to Europe with a little taste of home!
Bye!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home